Driver's License Requirements
Before you can get your license, your Armour registries Agent will have to confirm your identity. Please read the requirements below and bring the proper identification with you when you come in.
Identification. Please bring one of the following
- Alberta operator's license or identification card
- Photo driver's license (from another jurisdiction)
- Valid Canadian Passport
- NEXUX Card
- Canadian Armed Forces Identification Card
- Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS) Card (Federally issued)
- Municipal, Provincial or Federal Police Force Identification
- Valid foreign Passport with appropriate Immigration documents
- Permanent Resident Card
- Métis Nations of Alberta Card (new version)
- Métis ID number is displayed on the face of the card.
- The card contains water mark features.
Support ID Documents. Please bring one of the following
- Birth or Marriage Certificate (original or certified)
- Utility statements, such as cable, telephone, gas, electricity
- Work Visa, Student Visa, Permanent Resident Card
- Canada Citizenship Certificate (issued after February 1, 2012)
- Income tax receipts
- Property tax bill
- Insurance policy documents (life, auto, residential, etc.)
- Government assistance document(s) (e.g. Income Support document, cheque, etc)
*Please Note: CREDIT CARDS are no longer accepted as support documents!
You will be asked to verify your vital information either in the Motor Vehicles system or with a support document. All documents presented must be originals or certified copies (for vital statistics documents). Photocopies will NOT be accepted.
In order to obtain an Alberta driver’s license or identification card, you must provide proof that you are lawfully entitled to reside in Canada (i.e. Canadian birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, Citizenship Card, Canadian Passport) and proof that you are an Alberta resident (i.e. utility bills or other statements mailed to your Alberta address).