Home Insurance Explained
Understanding Property Insurance, Home Insurance, Condo Insurance and Tenants Insurance Policies.
There are many types of home insurance. The best coverage available is a comprehensive form. The comprehensive form provides "all risks" coverage on the building and on personal property. This form of insurance has the least number of exclusions, is the best value for your dollar, and recommended to Armour Insurance clients. Options available to enhance your coverage:
Provides protection for losses resulting from the back up or escape of water from a sewer or drain, sump, septic tank, eaves trough, or downspout. This coverage is relatively inexpensive and can prove to be invaluable in the event of a loss. Armour Insurance recommends this coverage for all customers.
All home insurance policies have a Special Limits section that restricts coverage on items like jewelry, computers, video cameras, coin & stamp collections, money, and other collectible items. Additional coverage for these items can be added under optional article floater protection.
For a small cost you can increase your home liability from $1,000,000 to $2,000,000. This also protects you against accidental personal acts against someone. We recommend $2,000,000 and many insureds are opting for a personal umbrella option that increases limits up to $5,000,000 on Automobile and Personal Property. This coverage pays for injury to others and damage to their property.
Coverages vary from company to company, please contact an Armour Insurance representative fro more information.
Sample Policy Highlights
- Home computer software: no limit
- Silverware: no limit
- Garden tractors/lawn mowers/snow blowers up to $10,000
- Tapes, discs, records: no limit
- Property of a student (living away from home temporarily): no limit, liability included
- Property of a parent in a nursing home up to $2,500, liability included
- Books, tools, instruments, computer hardware and computer software pertaining to a business up to $5,000 but only while on the premises (limit may be increased)
- Securities up to $6,000
- Money or bullion up to $500
- Watercraft and equipment up to $3,000
- Sewer back up (additional charge may apply in some provinces)
- Spare automobile parts up to $1,000
- Utility trailers up to $2,000
- Animals, birds or fish up to $2,500
- Cemetery plot monuments up to $2,500
- Satellite dishes
- Motorized wheelchairs, power scooters that provide aid for walking
- Power golf carts, liability included
- Theft from an unlocked vehicle
The following limits apply for theft or mysterious disappearance losses:
- Jewelry and furs up to $6,000 in all
- Coin collections up to $1,000
- Comic book/card collections up to $5,000
- Bicycles up to $1,000
- Stamp collections up to $3,000
Extensions of Coverage
- Credit card coverage, forgery, counterfeit money and fund transfer cards up to $10,000
- Fire department charges up to $5,000
- Home freezer coverage: no limit
- Inflation protection coverage
- Lock replacement up to $1,000
- Private power and light poles up to $1,000
- Reward coverage up to $1,000
- Safety deposit box up to $10,000
- In transit coverage, to a new principal dwelling
Talk to an Armour Insurance agent about the packages we offer
- Personal Umbrella
- Dwelling Under Construction
- Mechanical Breakdown of residential heating and cooling systems
- Entrepreneur Plus for home based businesses
- Vacation Trailer, Camper and Motor-home
- Seasonal Plus
- Rented Dwelling Package
- Farm Plus/Commercial Business Plus
Armour Insurance also offers the following insurance products at all 5 Locations:
- Life Insurance
- Property Insurance Insurance for your Residence and your Personal Property
- Farm Insurance
- Auto Insurance (in jurisdictions that don't have Government Insurance)
- Commercial Insurance
- Travel Insurance
Armour Insurance Group can offer you a custom insurance program and a highly competitive quote!
Need help? Give us a call and we'd be glad to help you with your quote!
Find the nearest Armour Insurance office to you on our Locations page.