Course of Construction
With the purchase of the Course of Construction insurance policy and Wrap-Up Liability policies your new construction project is insured from the first shovel of dirt to the final inspection.
Your existing commercial insurance does not provide protection for building construction. In fact, your property policy specifically excludes property while under construction.
The underwriters must have full details of the project including soft and hard costs:
- Soft costs include additional expenses over the project, such as architect/engineers fees, consulting fees, interest, insurance, advertising fees, taxes and administration fees.
- Hard costs encompass the actual value of all property at the construction site, while in transit or stored off site.
The construction of Building “X” adds a significant exposure to risk. Insurance needs to properly insure this in order to protect:
- The patrons of the business
- The general public
- Materials on site
- Materials being installed
- Contractors and subcontractors.
The Course Of Construction Insurance and Wrap-Up Liability Policies
(1) COURSE OF CONSTRUCTION:
The course of construction policy provides insurance protection for property while under construction. Such insurance is required because typical property policies EXCLUDES coverage when property is being worked on.
(2) WRAP UP LIABILITY:
Similarly, you have a need for Wrap-up Liability. As the project owner you are liable to all parties with an interest in the project, including yourselves, the contractor, the subcontractors etc.
As the proposed construction is on public premises, you have a responsibility to protect patrons from any risk inherent with the construction as buildings in the course of construction tend to be an “attractive nuisance”. Children particularly love to “explore” buildings under construction, and the responsibility to protect such “attractive nuisances” rests with Country Side Golf, even if you gate up the area and post signs to keep out.
Armour Insurance Offers:
- Course of construction insurance
- Free business insurance quotes
- Construction insurance quotes
- Construction project insurance
- Building construction insurance
- Construction insurance rates