Intact Paperless $1,000 Draw Contest Rules
No purchase necessary to enter or win this contest.
- SPONSOR: The sponsor of this Contest is Armour Insurance Group Ltd., with its registered office at 5750 75 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta, T6E 5X6 (“Sponsor”).
The Sponsor reserves the right to permit its subsidiaries and affiliated companies and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, advertising or promotional agencies (the “Agents”) to perform all or any portion of the activities necessary in connection with this Contest.
- The Contest is open only to Armour Insurance customers holding a valid Intact Insurance policy who are legal residents of the province of Alberta who are of age of legal majority in the province of Alberta at the time of entry.
- The following individuals and their household members (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter the Contest: employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, affiliated or subsidiary companies of the Sponsor.
- Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to enter the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest entry period (the “Entry Period”) begins at 12:00 a.m. Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) on June 1, 2019 and ends at 11:59p.m. MST on August 31, 2019.
- HOW TO ENTER:
- To enter the Contest : set up an account on the Intact Client Centre. Login to the account and choose paperless as your document preference.
- There is a limit of one (1) Entries per person during the Contest Period.
- By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use, and disclosure of his/her personal information for the purposes and in the manner described herein and in accordance with the Sponsor’s privacy statement (available at: https://www.armourinsurance.ca/privacy-policy).
- PRIZE DESCRIPTION:
One (1) eligible entrant will win one (1) prize consisting of:
- $1,000 CDN.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS:
- The Contest prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred, assigned, or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any stated prize (or portion thereof) with an alternate prize of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion, for whatever the reason. Prizes may not be exactly as advertised, and except as expressly warranted herein, any prize is provided “as is” without further warranty of any kind.
- Some restrictions may apply.
- RANDOM DRAW: At approximately 10:00 AM p.m. MST on September 3, 2019, at the Sponsor's office a representative, or other person designated by the Sponsor, will select by random draw one (1) potential winner from all eligible Entries received.
Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received and on whether entrants choose to submit Additional Entries.
- NOTIFICATION: The potential winner selected in accordance with the previous section will be contacted by a Sponsor representative by telephone at the telephone number indicated in his/her file to determine if he/she is eligible in the sole discretion of the Sponsor representative. In the event that any potential winner does not respond to such notification within ten (10) days, incorrectly answers the skill testing question (described in more detail below), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion or declines a prize for any reason, he/she will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion and time alternate potential winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible Entries.
- DECLARING A WINNER:
- To be declared a winner and claim the prize awarded, the potential winner must (i) be eligible according to these Official Rules, (ii) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time limited mathematical skill testing question which will be administered by telephone at a mutually agreeable time, and (iii) sign a duly completed Liability and, except where prohibited by law, Publicity Release form, and any other documentation as may reasonably be required by Sponsor, and return same to Sponsor by the date specified on the applicable documentation. The winner’s guests must also each sign a duly completed Liability and, except where prohibited by law, Publicity Release form and return same to Sponsor by the date specified in order to participate in the prize.
- If all required documents are not properly executed and returned within the specified period of time, or the potential winner otherwise fails to comply with these Official Rules, a disqualification will result and the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible Entries.
- WAIVER OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE:
- By participating in the Contest and submitting an Entry, each entrant (i) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, including all Entry requirements, (ii) agrees that the decisions of Sponsor is final and without appeal, (iii) remises, releases and forever discharges Sponsor, each of their respective parents, affiliated companies and subsidiaries, any and all other companies associated with the Contest (including prize suppliers and suppliers of materials or services related to the Contest), and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, causes of actions, suits, debts, dues, accounts, claims, damages, liability, losses, harm, costs or expenses, including without limitation any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, arising out of, or in any way related to, directly or indirectly, the Contest, including without limitation the entrant’s participation in the Contest, any breach of these Official Rules, the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any Contest prize (or any portion thereof), and any travel or activity that is related to the receipt or use of any Contest prize, and/or the violation or infringement of any intellectual property rights or of any publicity, personality or privacy rights, and agrees to fully indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims by third parties relating to the foregoing.
- By accepting a prize, the winner authorizes Sponsor and each of their respective designees to use in any related publicity, such winner’s name, city and province of residence, photograph, image, likeness, voice, and any statements he/she may make regarding such prize, as may be edited in Sponsor’s sole discretion, for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide in perpetuity and in any form of media now or hereafter devised worldwide (including the Internet), without limitation and without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law; and waives any rights that may exist in respect of materials produced pursuant to the foregoing.
- GENERAL CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, postage-due or garbled entries, transmissions, email or mail; (ii) lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider, website, or other connections including those through and/or by any website; (iii) availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (iv) failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems, (v) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication; (vi) non-delivery of any communication or Entry; (vii) misdirected, blocked, or delayed email notifications; (viii) printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials; (ix) any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of Entries or the announcement of any prize in any Contest-related materials, (x) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; or (xi) any injury or damage to the computer of any entrant or other person related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of any website.
- Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or website or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intend to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor’s representatives or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor or its respective agents. Sponsor shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. The Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize, and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. The failure of Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All disputes will be resolved in the Province of Alberta under applicable Alberta and Federal laws.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or otherwise modify the Contest (or any portion thereof) and/or to amend these Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason, including, but not limited to incidents where a virus, bug, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Contest (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may elect to identify a winner and award the prize by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received up to the time of such cancellation.
- All Entries must include a valid email address and phone number for the entrant. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any potential winner based on an Entry, the winning Entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder (defined below) of the email address submitted at the time of entry, provided such Authorized Account Holder is eligible according to these Official Rules. A potential winner may be required to provide proof, upon request of Sponsor, that he/she is the applicable Authorized Account Holder, the sufficiency of such proof to be determined in the absolute discretion of Sponsor. The “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the applicable Internet Service Provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- All entry data provided via an entrant’s Entry is provided to Sponsor, as applicable. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to Sponsor.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws, rules and regulations.