Commercial Insurance Broker Edmonton
Armour Insurance is seeking a Commercial Insurance Broker in Edmonton.
This position is open to experienced commercial brokers who are interested in advancing their careers. Some managerial experience will be a bonus.
Why Join the Armour Team?
Armour Insurance Group is a progressive, growing Alberta based brokerage employing people in Edmonton, Sherwood Park, Lloydminster and Lethbridge. We offer many exciting career opportunities and we love what we do. Your future with Armour will provide many challenges and significant opportunities to use your skills.
We use technology to its best advantage within the workplace and to attract new customers in a fast paced marketplace. Armour recognizes the importance of a benefit program and provides employees resources to manage their needs including vacation, sick, health and financial benefits. We also provide professional development to our employees through ongoing education opportunities.
Armour employees pride themselves in being true representatives for their client’s best interests and we provide them with the tools to do this. An outstanding work ethic, positive attitude and drive to provide solutions that work for your clients will help ensure your success at Armour.
The ideal candidate will come to this position with 2 years of commercial insurance experience, but we are open to training the right personal lines candidate. Duties include writing new business, renewal account review, customer service and submission preparation. Other skills that will contribute to your success at Armour:
- Level 2 License
- 2 years experience as a CSR
- Working on or completed your CIP or CAIB designation
- Experience with TAM, Compu-Quote and MS Office
- If you have a positive attitude and are looking for a career and not a job then Armour wants you.
Specific Job Requirements
- Servicing and preparing submissions
- Quoting and writing new business
- Endorsing policies as required
- Ensuring applications and submissions are fully completed with all appropriate documents provided, making sure all payment arrangements have been completed
- Reviewing insurance documents for accuracy and detail
- Process insurance changes as per the insured’s request
- Answer client insurance related questions
- Follow up on underwriting inquiries from insurance companies
- Collection of accounts that are agency bill accounts, and follow up with clients that have outstanding balances with the insurance companies
- Maintain computer records for all activities that occur with clients.
- Complete documentation on TAM that will allow other CSRs to help clients in your absence. This includes, loading clients properly, documenting all client calls, letters, faxes, transactions and Emails.
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and invest in personal development of our team. Compensation is comprised of a competitive base salary that is set based on you personal education, years of experience and accomplishments in the Industry. We also have incentives for new business production and account retention.
Other Opportunities with Armour
In addition to this commercial account manager position Armour Insurance is also looking for personal lines CSR’s in Lloydminster and Edmonton. For a full listing of openings, please visit our careers page.
How to Apply
If you thrive in a challenging and fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you! Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations in confidence to email@example.com. Indicate “Commercial Insurance Broker Edmonton” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Armour Insurance. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.