Full-time│Edmonton Head office
Armour Insurance is looking for a detail oriented and dedicated Bookkeeper to join our team at our Edmonton Head Office.
We are currently seeking a candidate with superior analytical skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to provide clear detail-oriented communication. The Bookkeeper will handle accounting and administration for a growing insurance brokerage. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to build their career while working in a forward-thinking environment for a competitive salary.
The bookkeeper will be responsible for providing financial information to the executive management team by recording accounting data, preparing reports, and completing general ledger reports. The candidate will work closely with the Finance Manager.
Why Work at Armour
For almost 20 years, Armour has worked to build a solid reputation as an industry leader in insurance. Our goal at Armour Insurance is to earn the trust and respect of our customers every day. We take pride in the high level of service that our experienced teams provide. We believe in having a diverse and transparent work place. We consider our employees are our greatest asset. Some benefits of a career at Armour include:
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Employer's RRSP Contribution Matching Plan
- Health and dental benefits
- In-depth financial training
- Generous personal and annual vacation days
- Reward and recognition programs
- Great culture where you love your job
- Review Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable for agencies and ensure payments are received from clients
- Summarize current financial status and investigate billing errors
- Extract company statements from insurance portals and handle company agency bill payments/reconciliations/discrepancies
- Document financial transactions by entering account information into TAM (the Agency Manager)
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups
- Run month end and record information in Excel spreadsheets and TAM
- Complete payroll recording and call in to Ceridian
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Manage New Business Commission Reports from brokers
- Send employee/employer RRSP remittance to Group Plan for employee match program
- Pay out employee and management expenses
- Purchase office supplies and equipment as authorized
- Comply with federal and provincial legal requirements — adhere to requirements and advise management on required actions
- Maintain client/employee/owner information in accordance with FOIP/PIPA regulations
Skills and Qualifications
- Someone with extensive (5-10 years) bookkeeping experience
- Diploma or degree in accounting or business administration is mandatory
- Chartered General Account designations given preference
- Knowledgeable in commonly used accounting concepts, practices, and procedures
- Insurance experience is an asset
- Working knowledge and experience of The Agency Manager (TAM) is an asset
- Ability to work independently and under general supervision
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- High degree of confidentiality and discretion
Sound Like a Good Fit?
If you thrive in a challenging and fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you! Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Bookkeeper Application” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Armour Insurance. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.