We're looking for a positive, organized, and welcoming Receptionist to join our Edmonton team!
Armour Insurance is a locally owned, Alberta-based insurance brokerage with four offices in the province. For 25 years, we have worked to build a solid reputation as an industry leader and are proud to be recognized as a Top Insurance Employer with IBC. We are obsessed with protection and have earned the respect and trust of our customers by providing excellent service.
This position is more than just answering the phones and greeting customers. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing exceptional front-line service to our clients along with supporting our leadership team and our brokers. This is a great role for those who with proven administration skills who want to transition into an Insurance Broker position.
What you will be doing:
- Welcoming visitors to our office and connecting them with our brokers
- Answering, screening, and forwarding incoming phone calls
- Taking client payments
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail and courier
- Preparing bank deposits
- Ordering supplies for the office
- Ensure the reception area is tidy and presentable and assist with general office and staff kitchen tidiness
- Supporting the leadership team with special projects as assigned
- Perform other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, scanning, copying, and faxing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Smart, ambitious, organized, and personable
- Previous receptionist or administrative work experience in a office environment
- Effective organizational and communication (written and verbal) abilities
- Prior insurance knowledge or licensing is an asset
- Post secondary business courses are an asset
Benefits of a career at Armour include:
- RRSP contribution matching
- Robust benefits program
- Flexible personal and annual vacation days
- A workplace where your ideas and thoughts are valued
- Regular staff events organized by the Armour Social Committee
- Continuing education program to assist in achieving educational goals and designations such as CAIB, Level 2 licensing, etc.
- Armour was awarded Insurance Business Canada’s Top Employer award last year