Driver's License Renewals
What to expect when renewing your driver's license at Armour Registries.
Make sure to renew your driver's license before it expires. You can renew up to a year in advance at expiry at any Alberta Registry Office.
Most renewals are simple and only require you to present your expiring license to a registry clerk, take a new photo and pay an $84.45 fee. You do have to renew in person at a registry office and cannot send someone else to do it for you.
Processing the actual renewal takes less than 5 minutes including the photo (new photos are required if your current photo is 4 or more years old). You'll walk away with a temporary Alberta drivers license (good for up to 30 days), and the new license will be mailed to you in 5 - 10 business days. I'd recommend leaving a bit more time though, because sometimes there's a bit of a line-up.
- Cost: $84.45
- Time: 5 Minutes (Depending on the line)
- What to Bring: Your expiring or expired driver's license
A Medical Report May be Required
If you meet any of the following conditions below, you will be required to submit a medical report when renewing your license.
- Age 75 years or older
- Holders of Class 1, 2 and 4 licenses
- All licenses with a condition code "C"
- If your license has been expired for more than 3 years you will be required to pass a road test before being able to complete your renewal.