Why do we care about culture?
Culture happens whether we plan it or not, it will happen. Why not create a culture we love? Our goal is to make a company that we're all proud to be a part of. These are some of our values from the Armour Culture Code:
- We always strive for improvement, growth and meaning.
- We are customer facing and are empathetic to our clients.
- We are transparent with our staff. Our results, goals and plans are all shared.
- We are not just another insurance office, we are awesome.
- We are extremely selective on who we hire.
- We invest in our employees skills and well-being.
- We admit our mistakes, face our flaws and overcome our obstacles.
- We believe in work+life, not work vs. life.
- We are a perpetual work in progress.
Our Core Values
At Armour Insurance, we have H.E.A.R.T.
Humble - Modest, despite being awesome. Self-aware and respectful.
Effective - Gets it done. Measurably moves the needle. Immeasurably adds value.
Adaptable - Constantly changing, lifelong learner.
Respectful - Always treating others the way we would like to be treated.
Transparent - Open and honest with others and with themselves.
Work + Life
Below are some of the ways Armour Insurance encourages our employees to live their best lives, personally and professionally:
Armour Culture Cup
- Armour employees have the chance to get engaged with our culture AND win prize money! Each member of the team can award Culture Cup points to themselves, or other staff members, through our online system. Options for points are divided into categories based on Armour's Core Values. Our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners are announced at the end of each quarter, and prizes of $1,500, $500, and $250 are awarded.
- Members of the Armour Team can give their fellow employees a "kudos" by writing and submitting kudos cards. Each month, a kudos card is drawn, and the winner receives a $100 gift card of their choice!
Armour Book Club
- Together the Armour Team selects, reads and discusses a new book each month. All Armour employees have the option to take part.
Armour's Monthly Wellness Challenge
- At the beginning of each month, Armour employees can track their workouts using the MapMyFitness app. All levels of fitness are encouraged to join and participate. Each challenge goes to the end of the month, and there are random prize draws throughout the challenges, as well as a final grand prize for the winner on the leaderboard.
Armour Reading Program
- Armour Insurance offers our staff the chance to read books found on our reading list to receive a $50 bonus on their following paycheck.
- Every year, Armour Insurance sells day off raffle tickets to our staff for $2 each, and offers a total of 12 days off throughout the year. We draws someone's ticket each month, and that person gets a paid day off. At the end of the year, Armour likes to support its communities by choosing a local cause and donating the raffle's proceeds. Check out our blog article to learn about our donation to CMHA's Crisis Diversion Distress Line.
Interested in Joining the Armour Team?
With offices in Edmonton, Sherwood Park, Lloydminster, and Lethbridge Armour Insurance Group is one of Alberta's fastest growing brokerages. We are always looking for amazing individuals to be a part of our team. Check out our Careers page today, and please submit your resumes to email@example.com.