Home Insurance Explained
Your home is your castle, and we respect that. Homeowner's insurance is a necessity for two reasons:
- It covers damage to your house and its insured contents.
- It covers your legal responsibility for injuries and property damage that you or members of your household cause to other people.
In other words, you can't live without it. If your home or it's contents suffer an insured loss we want to make sure that your property is insured. You ned insurance so that you can repair, replace, or rebuild.
You may qualify for discounts of up to 50% if one or more of the following apply to you:
- New Home
- Loyal Client
- Premises alarm
- Multiple policies
What Typical Insurance Policies Cover
- Dwelling building coverage
- Detached private structures limit is 15% of the dwelling amount
- Personal property limit is 80% of the dwelling amount
- Additional living expenses is 25% of the dwelling amount
- Comprehensive personal liability limit: $2,000,000
- Medical payments up to $5,000
- Voluntary property damage up to $1,000
- Outdoor trees, shrubs, plants and lawns up to 5% of the dwelling limit
- Debris removal up to 5% of the dwelling limit
- Single limit endorsement
- Guaranteed replacement cost coverage
Check out our Property Insurance Explained section for a detailed over view of home insurance and how it works in Alberta.